Garrett Turbo Kit Subaru WRX/STI stock location internally wastegated
The Garrett GT Ball Bearing, quite possibly the fastest spooling and most responsive 350HP to 700+HP capable turbo on the planet now available in a drop-in package for the Subaru WRX/STI! The easy to implement turbo assembly that takes no more than 1-2 hours to install in place of the stock journal bearing VFXX unit is made possible by a high flowing GT inspired Garrett exhaust housing and a series of custom engineered components built to suit the installation.
Each GT drop-in turbo package consists of a Garrett factory assembled and high speed balanced dual ball bearing CHRA which is then assembled into a set of CNC machine ported housings that have been optimized in every aspect for maximum flow and efficiency.
All accompanying oil and coolant supply components included in each kit have been designed to properly and seamlessly bridge the Garrett GT turbo to the EJ engine so that the fit is as OE as possible.
Just bolt the turbo on, add fueling and a good tune and prepare for a blast of acceleration. Garrett GT turbos offer more then just "peak HP" numbers. These GT turbos off more torque area under the curve and more "accessible" power then any other turbos series out there.
We do recommend that you compliment your GT bolt-on turbo with a nice high flowing bell mouth downpipe and a high flowing inlet pipe to effortless channel air in and out of the turbo. Although every bolt-on GT turbo ships with a 3" inlet, we do provide a "step down" sleeve just in case you're forced to use the stock 2.25" inlet hose. However, as a rule of thumb, turbos, especially higher flowing units love as much inlet flow as possible. This promotes both quicker spoolup and better ultimate HP, with less boost pressure at the manifold. The 3" downpipe and bigger inlet is critical for reaching peak efficiency on the GT turbo. Please also be aware that some downpipes such as the stock catted downpipe, has a "no-flow" door at the wastegate flapper area. This type of downpipe may not allow the wider swinging wastegate valve to open all the way, thus causing the possibility of a "boost-creep" condition or uncontrollable rise in boost.
The Garrett GT ball bearing is a great match on the 2.5L, especially if you're looking for boost threshold that is close to stock but want enough airflow. Almost all the boost is available all the time even at part to medium throttle. Boost recovery between gearshifts is awesome with full boost ready even before up shift is complete as the STI lurches forward with shear enthusiasm at the once of each gear. The 2.0L driver should not rule out the use Garrett turbo if his HP target is in the same range. The modern generation wheels, coupled with an awesome wheel ratio, allows even the smaller displacement engine to provide adequate motivation to get the Garrett turbo going for an great power band. The competition grade turbo still offers the best response and spool time out of any unit in this flow range.
* Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive chassis compatible
* EJ20 and EJ25 (stock open scroll flange and location) platform compatible
* Twin-scroll up-pipe flange, NOT compatible
* 2008 to 2014 WRX (DOES NOT apply to STI model) requires either (A) aftermarket top mount intercooler with a hose connection to the compressor outlet; or (B) a front mount intercooler
* 2015+ WRX STI (equipped with EJ25 engine) compatible
Walbro fuel pump
APS 3" inlet
Custom 3.125" ID MAF tube
3" DP no cat
Custom 3" exhaust to twin 2.5" mufflers
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Exoticspeed Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Exoticspeed Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Exoticspeed-branded, even if packaged or sold with Exoticspeed products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year